Halloween is the time of year when the shades of the dead whisper from forgotten places and spirits walk among us. The Witches of Salem honor this time with Festival of the Dead, an annual event series that explores death’s macabre customs, heretical histories, and strange rituals. Presented by Salem Warlock Christian Day and hosted by the foremost authorities on the spirit world, Festival of the Dead beckons guests to step through the veil into a realm where spirits await.
Festival of the Dead explores death’s mysteries through events that investigate the favored and forbidden ways in which people have honored, celebrated, and secretly delved into life’s inevitable destination. Events for 2016 include:
- Daily October 1 to November 2: Discover your destiny with an authentic psychic reading at The Annual Psychic Fair and Witchcraft Expo
- Nightly Throughout October: Hear from Departed Loved Ones delivered by gifted psychic mediums at Messages from the Spirit World: An Authentic Salem Séance
- Monday, October 24: Learn to hear and understand the dead on your own from Salem's own Official Witch at Speaking to the Dead with Laurie Cabot
- Monday, October 26: Join Hoodoo Conjurer Sen Moise as you learn the roots and bones of Graveyard Conjure
- Thursday, October 27: Travel through the dark mirrors of the dead with paranormal expert Rosemary Ellen Guiley at Portals to the Spirit World
- Friday, October 28: join the Witches of Salem and revelers from around the globe for The Official Salem Witches‘ Halloween Ball, Salem's most magical Halloween event! Celebrate the afterlife with food, dancing, ritual, live music, free psychic readings, and prizes where the dead cavort with the living and powerful spells are cast for the Witches’ new year!
- Saturday, October 29: Experience transformation in a ritual of Death and Rebirth with High Priestess Sandra Mariah Wright
- Sunday, October 30: Share stories of you your loved ones at The Mourning Tea
- Sunday, October 30: Honor Your Loved Ones Who Have Crossed Over at the Salem Witches' Most Sacred Event, The Dumb Supper: Dinner with the Dead
- Monday, October 31: Join us in The Salem Witches' Magic Circle
Defying the boundaries of religion, culture, and continent, death captivates our imaginations and ensnares our minds, beckoning us to journey to destinations beyond the tattered shroud of mortality.
Having trouble finding a place to stay?
Check out hotels, bed and breakfasts, and inns at Salem.org! Click here
Looking to be a Vendor?
Festival of the Dead is looking for Vendors for the Psychic Fair! Click here
In memory of Shawn Poirier
Subscribe to The Scarlet Letter!
Get monthly updates for Festival of the Dead, HEX, OMEN, and Salem Witch Walk!